Scientific Facts In The Bible
The Top Ten
1. Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth."
2. Job 26:7 ". . . and hangeth the earth upon nothing."
3. Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."
Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes. Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements. Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
4. Psalm 102:25,26: “Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:”
See also Hebrews 1:10-12.
The Bible tells us three times that the earth is wearing out like a garment. This is what the Second Law of Thermodynamics (the Law of Increasing Entropy) states: that in all physical processes, every ordered system over time tends to become more disordered. Everything is running down and wearing out as energy is becoming less and less available for use. That means the universe will eventually “wear out”—something that wasn’t discovered by science until fairly recently.
5. Ecclesiastes 1:6 "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits."
How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know the wind traveled within circuits? How did he know something that the aerologists and meteorologists are just now discovering? Think about it! How can these men, with their limited knowledge thousands of years ago, be so far ahead of science?
6. Leviticus 15:13 "And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water."
God said to wash the infected flesh in running water. Science didn't discover that until two men named Pasteur and Koch in the late 1800s. Doctors were washing their hands in a bowl of water and spreading the germs like wild fire. It wasn't until the invention of the microscope and the science of bacteriology that doctors started washing under running water. Leviticus was written around 1490 B.C. science was about 3000 years behind!
7. Job 38:19 "Where is the way where light dwelleth?"
How come Job didn't say where is the place where light dwelleth? Because light is always moving. How did Job know something in 1500 B.C. that science didn't find out until Einstein?
Isaiah 40:22 ". . . that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"
See also Job 9:8; Isaiah 42:5; Jeremiah 51:15; Zechariah 12:1
Repeatedly God declares that He stretches out the heavens. During the early 20th century, most scientists (including Einstein) believed the universe was static. Others believed it should have collapsed due to gravity. Then in 1929, astronomer Edwin Hubble showed that distant galaxies were receding from the earth, and the further away they were, the faster they were moving. This discovery revolutionized the field of astronomy. Eisntein admitted his mistake, and today most astronomers agree with what the Creator told us millennia ago – the universe is expanding!
9. Ecclesiastes 1:7 "All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again."
How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know the water cycle of condensation and evaporation? The sun evaporates water from the ocean, water vapor rises and becomes clouds. This water in the clouds falls back to the earth as rain, collects in rivers, and makes its way back to the ocean. This wasn't known until Galileo in 1630! How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know this in 1000 B.C.? 2500 years ahead of science!
10. Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul."
While scientists in the 21st century admit they have “lots of theories, little science” about the origin of life, the Bible tells us clearly how life began, based on the word of the only One who was there at the beginning.
“The likelihood of the spontaneous formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40,000 noughts after it…It is big enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution. There was no primeval soup, neither on this planet nor on any other, and if the beginnings of life were not random, they must therefore have been the product of purposeful intelligence.” —Sir Fred Hoyle, professor of astronomy, Cambridge University
How to get saved
A-Admit you’re a sinner & that you cannot save yourself (Repent).
B-Believe that Jesus died on the cross & rose again for your sins.
C-Confess/Call on Jesus Christ as your personal Lord & Savior.